Post title: Creative Hub Assistant (Temporary until 31st August 2023)
Salary: £16,576 to £17,942 per annum
Scale / Band: Grade 3
Hours: 30 hours per week
Place of work: Colonnade House, 47 Warwick St, Worthing, BN11 3DH
Closing date: 25th July 2022
Colonnade House is Worthing’s Creative Hub and in this role you will assist with the practical aspects of the day-to-day running of the gallery and studios including exhibitions, events, projects and all aspects of marketing and communications.
If you are looking for an opportunity to build your experience within the creative sector, this role is ideal for you.
You will need to be able to work flexibly as part of a small team, including evenings and weekends.
Colonnade House is a successful initiative set up by Worthing Borough Council and Adur & Worthing Trust and supports the growth of the creative industries in Worthing – click here to find out more about us.
– Create content and update social media sites and website listings with our current and forthcoming events
– Create regular adverts and content for press and digital advertising
– Create and distribute leaflets and posters
– Stay up to date with the development of social media and digital platforms and update our resources to adapt to new developments and to keep up to date
Exhibitions and events
– Assist with installation and take down of exhibitions
– Assist with the setting up and smooth running of professional development events and private views
– Take enquiries for exhibitions and events
– Some invigilation of exhibitions will be required
– Handle sales during our in-house pop-up shop
– Undertake repairs and maintenance of exhibition spaces and equipment with the rest of the team as required
– Deliver great customer service to our tenants, hirers and visitors and be knowledgeable across all areas of the hub’s operation so as to be able to assist with day to day activities
– Be responsible for day to day operation of the building including opening and closing the building on days when you are the only member of staff on duty
– Be willing to work flexibly, including regular evenings and weekends
– Keep shared working areas and exhibition spaces clear and clutter-free and ensure working areas and practices are carried out safely
– Carry out monthly data monitoring
Hear from our current creative hub assistant:
Working at Colonnade House has been a great experience for me, the close-knit team we have are all supportive and we get on really well with each other, making work enjoyable and allowing us to bounce off of each other easily. This role has given me a chance to meet local creators in the area through interacting with studio members and artists exhibiting here on a frequent basis. If I hadn’t taken up this position, I don’t think I’d even know about half the stuff that really go on in town let alone how diverse and unique its creative department is.