What this Privacy Notice covers
Adur and Worthing Councils is the data controller (referred to as “we” or “us”) of your personal data for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation.
Adur and Worthing Council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Adur and Worthing Councils
Worthing Town Hall,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights under the GDPR.
In relation to your personal data we are committed to collecting, using and protecting it appropriately. This privacy notice explains:
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- The type of personal data that we collect
- Explains when and why we will share personal data and with other organisations
- The rights and choices you have in relation to the personal data that we hold about you
As the data subject you have the following rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right of rectification (to have any inaccuracies corrected)
- The right of erasure (to have your records deleted)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information about your rights is available on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you have a concern about the way that we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How long the information is kept for
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and in accordance with Adur and Worthing Council’s disposal schedule.
Why we need your personal data
The purpose of processing your personal data is for us to administer and support the service for which you have submitted your personal data:
The purpose of processing your personal data is:
– to process applications for studio spaces
– to set up legal contracts for letting and hiring space
– to monitor our activity for reporting to funders
– for marketing purposes such as newsletters and event registrations
The lawful basis for processing your data is:
- GDPR Article 6(1)(2) is necessary in the performance of a contract or the intention to enter into a contract.
- Article 6(1)(c) processing is necessary for the compliance of a legal obligation to which to controller is subject.
- GDPR Article 6 (1) (a) consent of the data subject
What we collect and how it is used
For the purposes of applications for studio space we will collect contact details and information about your areas of working practice and experience to assess your suitability for our studio spaces. We will also collect separate monitoring information for the purpose of reporting to funders.
For letting and hire contracts we will collect your name, business details, address and other relevant contact details.
When you sign up to our newsletter list or register for an event we will only use that information for the purpose that it was collected for, and you can opt out at any time.
We will not provide personal data to anyone else or use the data about you for any other purpose unless the law allows or requires us to.
We may share your personal data with the following organisations and for the following reason:
- Data may be shared with Adur & Worthing Trust for the purpose of signing contracts.
Your personal data may be converted (‘anonymised’) into statistical or aggregated data in such a way that ensures that you cannot be identified from it. Aggregated data can’t, by definition, be linked back to you as an individual and may be used to conduct research and analysis, including the preparation of statistics for use in reports.
Consequences of failing to provide Personal Data
- If you choose not to provide us with your personal data, we will be unable to enter into contractural agreements with you.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store, or use your personal data please
Telephone: Colonnade House on 01903 221142
Email us: email@example.com