Craft Fairs Explained: Trade, retail, art and design fairs: How do I grow my creative business?
Tuesday 12th September, 1.30 – 5pm
Are you looking for more outlets for your work? Do you know the differences between retail and trade fairs? Do you need support to expand your creative business?
Why should you attend?
- Craft Fairs – you will be given an and overview of the options open to you
- Retail fairs – pros and cons, how to apply and how to make the most of these events
- Trade fairs – pros and cons, how to apply and how to make the most of these events
- Craft Fairs abroad – introducing delegates to the logistics of showcasing at Retail or Trade fairs overseas and how this could be a good option to expand your markets
Who is speaking?
- Crafts Council Talent Development Manager will be offering a wealth of experience and expertise in supporting creative people in their business development.
- Experienced makers will be sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience of trade and retail fairs and what you need to consider if showcasing abroad
What is on offer?
- To find out if your business is ready for a craft fair and top tips on how to prepare your business for a craft fair
- Advice on the logistics that need to be considered on the types of audiences at craft fairs, how to price your work and how to market yourself when exhibiting at a craft fair
- Advice on your stand set up, the logistics you need to consider in preparing for a craft fair and the potential cost implications
- The potential timescales involved in taking part in a craft fair, the different scales and potential audiences at certain craft fairs in UK and abroad and how to make the most of each opportunity to grow your business