Marketing, Social Media, Press for small creative businesses
Getting your product or service in front of the people who need and want what you offer is often the hardest part of running your own business.
Many people are frightened of the word ‘marketing’ and don’t know what it is or how to action it. But getting your name and product out into the world can be creative and fun.
In this session, we will cover..
- the importance of research
- finding your people – how, and where
- building relationships and trust
- the relevance of your story
- driving traffic
- email marketing – your most powerful marketing tool
- website marketing – how to keep people on it and buying
- social media – Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn – making the most of them
- press – how to find the people you want to know about you, what to send, how to send it, when to pitch, lead times
- the importance of local
Finding and reaching your people doesn’t have to be overwhelming or daunting. It just takes creativity (which you all have) time and bravery!
We’ll look at daily activities to keep marketing less scary and easy actions for keeping you and your products in front of the right people.
There will be time for questions and discussions. I know the value of learning from each other.
There will also be cake!
Anne-Marie has worked in the arts industry for over 16 years and understands how important it is for creative businesses to get themselves in front of the right audience – whether that be via editorial, emails, print, online or social media. Anne-Marie was part of an art and craft events organisation for 12 years and has experience and knowledge of what it takes to produce and market successful arts selling events. She works at The Design Trust, as the Business Club Manager and with marketing, blog and resource creation. Anne-Marie also works as a PR and marketing consultant for arts organisations – find out more.