There’s no better way to discover local art in Worthing this festive season.
Colonnade House is delighted to announce its fifth Festive Pop-up shop, a two-week opportunity to purchase unique and artistic gifts during the Christmas season.
Run by the tenants who work in Colonnade House’s studios, as well as a few other independent makers based in and around Worthing, the shop will once again offer the chance to engage with local creatives whilst shopping for beautifully crafted presents and pocket money buys. Items for sale will include screen prints, illustrated Christmas cards and limited edition ceramics.
Meet the makers below;
Mark Humphreys has recently started his picture framing business Howell’s Frame’s at Colonnade House. Mark has mainly worked for the past 25 years as a chef but on breaks from the high pressured environment of the kitchen, he trained and worked as a framer and artist. Mark will be selling some of his latest abstract works at the Festive Pop-up Shop this year.
Peon is a Sussex Based printmaker and co-founder of Old Cartshed Studio. She mixes different printmaking methods to create her intricate, elegant yet somehow minimalistic prints. She has recently been working with the subject matter of night time and moths. The mythology and the symbolic meaning of moth fascinating her. Together with her love of woodland, she created a series of prints and objects within this theme.
Alison Tyldesley’s love of landscape is the driving force behind her majestic paintings. Her inspiration comes from the drama of rapidly changing weather, rugged landscapes and dramatic seascapes. Alison will be selling a selection of her original large scale works, alongside smaller pieces.
Michael is a guest artist at Old Cartshed Studio, he makes closed form sculptures with various types of Raku firing. He shapes the forms and refines the surface, they are then submitted to the fire, where the heart of the flame is captured on the surface of the clay. In this event he creates a range of seasonal gift hangings for decorating your home.
Festive Pop-Up Shop Instgram Giveaway Competition 2020
Terms and conditions
- There is 1 prize consisting of a ‘Golden Ticket’ with the value of £25.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- Closing date for entries is 23.59 GMT on 19 December 2020.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must follow @colonnadehse, like, leave a comment on the Instagram promotional post tagging a friend.
- The winner will be chosen at random using an online randomiser.
- The winner will be informed by a reply to their comment plus a direct message and announcement on the story.
- The prize must be redeemed in store by 17.00 GMT 24 December 2020.
- The promoter is Colonnade House – Creative Hub, Worthing.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Please see our privacy notice for more.