WHAT’S MINE IS YOURS! WHAT MIND IS YOURS?
Coastal West Sussex Mind
A creative collaboration through a meeting of Open Minds during Mental Health Week
Tuesday 9th May – Saturday 13th May
Colonnade House – Creative Hub are delighted to welcome back Coastal West Sussex Mind to recognise World Mental Health Week. Displays, discussions and workshops will take over both gallery spaces – find out more about what is happening below:
There will be FREE creative and crafting workshops from 11.00 – 2.30 Tuesday – Saturday
- Come and paint / draw/ on Our Blank Canvas while listening to the very young describe what Mental Health means to them, intersected with observations from the very experienced who describe what their recovery and awareness means to them
- Get involved with the building of our giant Hyperbolic Crocheted Colourful Mind
- Try your hand at bottle craft – turning a humble bottle into something quite different
- During the week we will be adding to the beautiful Mind Eye. Come and make your own Mind Eye with us and add to this community installation
- On Saturday only we will have small puppet making – stringing all the senses together to make one body and mind
We are working with many artists and local people to explore our senses and how we look after these as individuals and as part of our community. Our recovery workers will also be on hand to give out information on the support we can offer to our local community.
Mental Health Awareness Week 8th – 14th May serves as a good reminder of how important it is to think about how we take care of our mental health as well as our physical health.
It’s an opportunity to find out more and to take some time out to think about our friends, family and community who have experienced problems with their mental health.
1 in 4 of us at any one time will experience a mental health problem our Open Minds project aims to raise awareness around mental health and help us understand how stigma can be so isolating to people with a mental health condition.
For more information contact Louisa.Hernandez@coastalwestsussexmind.org
Sponsored by Adur & Worthing Trust