Following on the success of our 2017 scheme Adur & Worthing Trust wants to commission more works of art to take place in Adur & Worthing – these could be in any shape or form, for example a painting, a performance, an intervention in the landscape, a piece of new music, a film ,a literary work or a new exciting event. Each work commissioned will receive £250- £500 to produce the artwork and an accompanying archive that will be submitted to Adur & Worthing Trust at the end of the project – this could be photographs, film, text or a combination of different media. All work must be completed by the end of 2019 and this is a one-off scheme. Each commission must:
- be shared with the public in some way
- demonstrate a link with the regeneration of Adur & Worthing (i.e. helping the area become a vibrant place, for both residents and visitors)
- be a new piece of art developed especially for this scheme
- network or partner two or more members of Worthing & Adur’s creative community
- promote the idea that Worthing & Adur is the creative area we know it to be!
Applications are to be submitted electronically by midnight Sunday 3rd March 2019. Winners will be announced by Thursday 21st March 2019.
Download further information about the scheme:
There will be advice and support available through Colonnade House including an exhibition in the Studio Gallery of past commissions and information from 22nd January – 2nd February and the scheme launch event will take place on 30th January 5 – 7pm. Book a place at the launch here.